When summer arrives and the temperatures rise, it’s often too hot to work in your garage. That won’t do for most of us because our garage is a valuable workspace and there’s a lot to get done. With a few simple modifications, you’ll be able to comfortably work or play in your garage all summer long. We’ve put together 5 tips for cooling off your garage.
Our 5 Tips for Cooling off Your Garage:
- Choose a light color for the garage door - Light colors reflect heat. Choosing a light color, such as white, cream, off-white or beige will help keep the heat out and the inside of your garage cooler.
- Insulate the overhead door - Choose an insulated sectional overhead door when replacing your garage door. Not ready for a new garage door? Insulate your current door by installing reflective insulating panels on the inside of metal or fiberglass doors. Cut the panels to fit your garage door and secure them in place.
- Install fans for ventilation and circulation - Whether you add freestanding, wall or ceiling fans, or a combination of these, get the air circulating in your garage. Place fans so that hot air is being pulled out and cooler air is being circulated.
- Insulate your garage - Insulation can’t be beat for keeping your garage cooler in the summer. Insulating the walls, the overhead space or even just around the windows doors, can make all the difference.
- Use weather stripping and caulking - Sealing gaps and caulking around windows and doors helps keep the hot air out and the cooler air in. Adding weather stripping seals air leaks. Be sure to seek out any holes, gaps or openings around wiring, the hot water heater or the HVAC unit.
Use these 5 tips for cooling off your garage and you’ll be able to enjoy your space more comfortably during the summer months and add value to your home.
Ready for a new, insulated door? We’re just a phone call away.
Call us at (916) 922-7123 or visit our Contact Page.